WA Assett Integrity & Business Conduct is committed to making a positive contribution to West Australian society throughout its operations.
WA Assett expects all our suppliers to help us to fulfil this commitment by actively supporting and respecting the twelve key elements as set out below:
This Supplier Code applies to all suppliers from whom WA Assett purchases goods and/or services The code outlines the key elements that WA Assett deem to be the most relevant.
Integrity and Business Conduct
WA Assett considers integrity and reliability in relationships with all stakeholders as essential preconditions for sustainable business.
Our key elements to integrity and business conduct are:
- To support an open, fair and competitive business environment.
- To comply with all relevant applicable laws and regulations.
- All business, commercial and financial information regarding WA Assett and its commercial partners must be treated as confidential and should not be disclosed to third parties.
- Conflicts of interest will not be allowed to affect the decent operation of our business.
- Gifts and inducements to influence business or other decisions are not acceptable.
WA Assett endorses the values enshrined within the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Core Conventions of the International Labour Organisation based on respect for the dignity of the individual without distinction of kind.
Our key elements to human rights are:
- Working conditions should allow for safe working practices and support the occupational health of employees.
- Employees should be treated fairly in relation to reasonable working hours, periodic leave and remuneration for work performed.
- To make allowance for negotiations leading to collective agreements.
- People are employed based on the principle of equal opportunity, without distinction to race, colour, gender, religion, affiliation or origin.
- Not to use or participate in child, forced or bonded labour, and specifically there will be compliance with the relevant standards of the International Labour Organisation.
WA Assett strives to treat the environment with due care and to comply with environmental and other legislation applicable to its operations within Western Australia.
Our key elements to environmental care are:
- Production and supply chain processes have been designed to make an efficient use of available resources and to minimise the environmental impact.
- Promotion by our suppliers of greater environmental responsibility and promotion of the development and diffusionof environmental friendly technologies.
WA Assett expects its suppliers to assist to fulfil the aforementioned key elements by incorporating them in their own business practices.
WA Assett expects its suppliers to adhere to and to live by the key elements of the Supplier Code and WA Assett will monitor the performance of its suppliers in this respect.
WA Assett prefers a continuous improvement approach with its suppliers to achieve compliance to the key elements of the Supplier Code.