Bathroom Renovations Testimonial from Kevin and Phyl Bishop of Gooseberry Hill
We (in fact Phyl) decided our en-suite bathroom needed a makeover. We obtained quotations and on the basis of apparent expertise, number of years in the business and the confidence drawn from Frances, who came, measured up and prepared the quotation, we selected WA Assett - The Bathroom Renovators.
Given the project involved a complete bathroom refurbishment (i.e. gutting the room), we had expected there would be some hitches. However, WA Assett under the guidance of owner and project manager Shaun Driscoll took a very structured and professional approach in how the work was handled. We provided a front door key, which was held in an outdoor pin-coded and locked key box to enable the various tradesmen to come and fulfil their various tasks without either of us having to be present. All the tradesmen who visited were extremely personable, polite and most of all, very competent, so that as each stage was carried out, we had every confidence we were going to end up with a more than acceptable finish. From start to finish, there were several people involved.
Before signing the contract, we spent time at the well-equipped bathroom showroom with Monique selecting the various wall and floor tiles and bathroom fittings. And then after signing, a start date was agreed and the demolition and construction process began.
Our thanks to:
- Jeremy who started the process delivering raw material,
- Amel, who had the invidious task of dismantling the original bathroom,
- Alan who provided and fixed the cabinet,
- Jorge who was so diligent in preparing the floor and walls and then laid the tiles,
- Ben who fitted all the components and fittings,
- And finally, Jeremy, who came to clean, tidy up and remove any surplus materials.
- And in the office, we should recognise the efforts of Kim who was responsible for ensuring the correct materials were ordered and for scheduling the work. A positive feature was that we received a text message advising of the impending visit of a tradesman and the expected time of arrival.
Whilst the completion did take a little longer than indicated, (owing to a delay from a sub-contractor), overall the undertaking was very well executed and managed. Even though the project was nominally Phyl’s, we are extremely delighted with the finished product and our thanks go to WA Assett and all its people.